Jersey Customization Information
Getting your jersey customized can be a difficult and confusing process. If you're shelling out the bucks for a nice jersey, you don't want someone to mess it up during the lettering process. This section serve as a resource for all things customizing. We will list all customizers for the NHL and the best place to get your vintage jerseys done. Please send in any information you think would be helpful for the site.
Official Jersey Customizers
Listed below are some of the most commonly used jersey customizers. They do jerseys for NHL teams and regular fans with just a jersey or two. Contact them for specific questions or rates.
- • Exclusive Pro Sports - Current Customizer of NHL Teams New Jersey, Washington & can do nearly any other team
- • Cutting Edge Sports - Current Customizer of NHL Teams Pittsburgh & Florida and many AHL Teams. Also was original customizer for Islanders Fisherman jerseys.
- • Denver Athletic - Customizer of Colorado Avalanche Jersey
- • Stitches NY - Current Customizer of the New York Islanders
- • Contact us to have others added
Jersey Customization Types
When jerseys are customized, each team has their own unique way of doing it. You may have heard the terms reverse kiss-cut and semi-reverse kiss cut used before but were not truly sure what they meant. Below we will outline some of the most common ways jerseys are customized. Click on the images to see even more detail.
Stacked / Layered Twill
This is the most common and original way jerseys were customized with multiple layers of twill. The layer on the bottom is the biggest and the layers above it are stitched on top. It is currently used by these NHL teams:
- • New York Islanders
- • New Jersey Devils
- • Minnesota Wild
- • Calgary Flames
- • Philadelphia Flyers
- • and many more
Reverse Kiss Cut
This type of customization is becoming more and more common. With reverse kiss cut customization, the outer layer is actually cut out to a very thin layer and then placed on top of the layer underneath. Take a close look at the image, the yellow layer is actually on top. It is currently used by these NHL teams:
- • Pittsburgh Penguins
- • Washington Capitals
- • Florida Panthers
- • and many more
Semi-Reverse Kiss Cut
This type of customization is similar to reverse kiss cut but it adds another layer. In semi-reverse, there are two standard layers underneath, with the final top layer being kiss cut. It create a beautiful design which also is more light weight. It isn't used too often but here are some examples
- • Colorado Avalanche
- • New York Islanders Fisherman Jersey
- • Washington Capitals 1995-2007
- • and more
- Jersey Customization Information
- Weekly Arrivals Archive
- Sell Your Hockey Jerseys - We Buy Authentic & Game Worn Jerseys
Instant Updates on New Items
Our eBay Feedback
We sell on eBay too but we offer better prices here. You'll like what you see, it's our guarantee. Click here to see our eBay feedback.